Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get a smaller sim card?

a-kearns
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ive got a new phone that needs a nano sim, my current sim is a micro sim. i have a sim only contract so how do i keep the contract going but get the right size sim?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Pop instore and they will supply a free sim and arrange the number and tariff swap for you.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or if you can't get to a store ring 202 and they'll post one out and perform the swap yourself here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk when you receive it.

Takes from a few minutes up to approx 24 hours to settle.
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Or if you can't get to a store ring 202 and they'll post one out and perform the swap yourself here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk when you receive it.

Takes from a few minutes up to approx 24 hours to settle.

But may take up to a week to receive. Depends how much of a hurry you need it.

Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Make sure you ask for the correct account type sim card, whichever route you take, as the contract and PAYG sims are different and must be used with the correct type of account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

SeanTQ
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello guys I'm actually a o2 Volt monthly customer but have a dilemma that I would appreciate your help with.

My dad who approximates mobile phones with the devil has a very basic pay-as-you-go phone same ancient £50 eBay fine and number for about a decade. Unfortunately this weekend he left it on the garden wall and it no longer charges closer inspection shows fatal level of water ingress! The battery has got completely corroded and it's completely kaput. Not a problem quite a few spare phones floating around the family to give him. However he's on the original same size the really chunky one.

Ideally he would like to keep the phone Number and if possible the credit on it. Typically it's straightforward to do a Sim swap I appreciate, however I never bothered to get him an actual account so cannot do it through a account, and because the phone is knackered I cannot get the code sent to me to set up an account. Basically all I have is the Sim card which has the Long number on it and the phone number itself obviously.

What can I do in the situation grateful for any observations.

Best regards loving son not looking forward to teaching him the smart phone experience!!

Message 6 of 16

SeanTQ
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies for double post typo in my original message should say on the original Sim size the chunky one!

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@SeanTQ 

What size sim are we dealing with ?

3-in-1-SIM.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

SeanTQ
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Standard original large one

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@SeanTQ 

A local mobile repair shop will cut it down for you to whichever of the smaller sizes you need.

Even if you only do that as a temporary measure, you will be able to get the codes to do a sim swap to a new sim.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16