cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

friend not recieving messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
from the 26th of September, my friend hasn't been recieving any of my messages, when previously we were texting pretty much all day everyday, I've deleted his contact then added it again, blocked him and unblocked him- he's done the same and he is still not recieving my messages. I don't know what phone he has or what network is on but this problem is slightly frustrating, anyone know how to fix it?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the reset network settings and that didn't work.
I spoke with him today and he said that he's not recieving my texts and he said he's been sending me texts but I haven't received any, I know it's not a problem with the network as my other friends recieve my messages, I also think his phone is an android phone but one of my friends has an android phone and is recieving my texts.
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
So your friend cannot send or receive now?
Is their account still active and is phone working for calls?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried phoning him but it went to voice mail.
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's sounding like the phone is faulty or on airplane mode - something like that?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
After exhausting the usual suspects of issues I hope you both get this resolved.

Perhaps a sim swap as indicated would help ?
Any O2 store can do this for you.
Message 17 of 17