cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

following from the other sim card question.....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those of you who have got an iphone, do you have a sim card in it?

When I upgraded from my n73, the sim card in that became obsolete when I registered the Iphone and never had a new sim...

Has anyone else? :womanindifferent:
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those of you who have got an iphone, do you have a sim card in it?
When I upgraded from my n73, the sim card in that became obsolete when I registered the Iphone and never had a new sim...
Has anyone else? :womanindifferent:

When you bought the iPhone, the new SIM would have already been in it. It's in the slot on the top of the phone. It doesn't come separately.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you mean I've had the phone all this time and didn't even know there was a sim??? How thick am I!!!!!!! :robotsurprised: can it be used in any other phone? and can I put another o2 sim card in it?
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can put another o2 sim card in it but you will not get all the functions of the iphone. I was told to put my sim out my blackberry in it to test my sim by o2.

You may wanna look at the new 3g guided tour video on apple.com lol

However it is against the terms to use your sim in another handset....
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you mean I've had the phone all this time and didn't even know there was a sim??? How thick am I!!!!!!! :robotsurprised: can it be used in any other phone? and can I put another o2 sim card in it?

I'm not sure about putting another O2 SIM in the iPhone. As far as I'm aware you can't.

But yes, you CAN take the SIM out and put it in to another phone. Unfold a paper clip and push it on to the little hole (not headphone jack) on the top of the iPhone. The SIM slot should then pop out!
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
How thick am I!!!!!!!

You're not, as you do not need to mess with the SIM, Apple hides it from you. Unless you have problems, you never need to know that it has a SIM card in it.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
my word! so there is!

I cannot believe I didn't know this!!! thanks!

Now I just look pathetically stupid! grin
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
How thick am I!!!!!!!

You're not, as you do not need to mess with the SIM, Apple hides it from you. Unless you have problems, you never need to know that it has a SIM card in it.

That's so true, no one told me, in fact the guy in the shop told me it was a sealed unit! although it was carphone warehouse, so that explains it.
tongue
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Carphone warehouse lie through their teeth!
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
God yeah they so do!

I didn't get my phone from there because they talk pap! when I wanted to upgrade to iphone, they told me I couldn't! they told me I needed to cancel my contract, pay £160 to do so, and pay an additional £269 for the iphone, of course I laughed and left! grin

ten mins later phoned 02 and upgraded! eeejits! Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 17