cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty iphone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive had my Iphone 6s for more than a year now and its started experiencing some faults, for example going very slow, deleting everything and restarting for no reason. with the amount i pay for it, it shouldnt have any faults! i was wondering if theres any possible way on exchanging it with a brand new one?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Have you tried backing up to iTunes and doing a factory reset?
Apple cam run a diagnostic check on the phone to see if it's faulty or if something else is causing it but unfortunately apple only give a 12 months warranty so unless they are willing to fix it for free you'd have to look at paying for any repairs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi 

I doubt as it's over a year old you will be able to get a new one. You could try giving Apple a call and see if they can help or advise https://support.apple.com/en-gb

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Have you tried backing up to iTunes and doing a factory reset?
Apple cam run a diagnostic check on the phone to see if it's faulty or if something else is causing it but unfortunately apple only give a 12 months warranty so unless they are willing to fix it for free you'd have to look at paying for any repairs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely if you are after a new phone Apple will make you pay an out of warranty fee which is still expensive 

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Or they could refer you back to O2.

Or they may be able to fix it, albeit for a fee...which will be vastly superior to anything O2 will offer...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Or they could refer you back to O2.

Or they may be able to fix it, albeit for a fee...which will be vastly superior to anything O2 will offer...

That's for sure!

Message 8 of 8