cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropped phone now cracked screen! how repair?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Dropped the phone, now it has a small crack in the screen!

I'm on O2 contract, so whats the procedure for repair, or would it be cheaper to source a repair my self.

Thanks for any insight

Chris
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to any Apple store.. They should replace it on the spot. Take proof of purchase/receipt and ID as well to prove it's not nicked..
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
is it not insured as apple warranty will not cover accidental damage.

If insured with o2 go to the insurance section on help claiming.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so i have same problem but im not insured (within 4 months of purchase so out of time to get it)wnet to o2 (Yarmouth) and young boy there told me id have to buy payg iphone instead (loving the customer service level - thx o2)
didnt take him up on his offer tbh.
so if i go to apple store in morning will i get replacement there and then(if so how much am i looking at) cant do with out the phone (its really complicated personal life stuff)
if not is it cheaper to get screen repaired elsewhere
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your home contents accident insurance.. My phone was replaced by them.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to any Apple store.. They should replace it on the spot. Take proof of purchase/receipt and ID as well to prove it's not nicked..

Apple will not replace it if you you dropped it - only if there is a fault with the phone - accidental damage is a job for your insurance.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah don't waste your time contacting o2 or apple as you have crakced the screen. This is classed as customer damage and not an mechanical fault under the warranty.

Check what insurances you have ie home insurance and see if your covered or if you have mobile insurance just do an insurance claim.

If you have none of these your stuck im afriad. Thats the risk we take by not having any insurance.

An repair of an crakced screen can cost anywhere upto £150 if I remember correctly.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
My son's phone was trodden on by a horse! The screen was shattered, although it still worked. The apple store replaced it with a new phone, I think it cost me £129 and took 5 minutes to reactivate it.
Message 8 of 8