on 23-08-2018 15:13
I had an iphone 4 now got a iphone 8.
got a new sim for Iphone 8 from O2
Put it in after making sure had backed up my data and contacts on itunes.
All that went ok.
My new iphone does not send texts and I cant find out why?
I tried Apples online suggestions, turn off this, turn on that.
Now I cant remember what I turned off or on.
But whatever the advise I still cant send or recieve texts?
I am wondering if I should have got back to O2 to say I have swopped my phones and sims over?
Maybe they have to switch something over / or on?
24-08-2018 12:38 - edited 24-08-2018 12:50
Hello, Yes got a new sim for iphone 8.
Still not working.
I got the sim off O2 last Friday!
Week gone and wish I never changed over my phones as now no emails and no phone calls from anyone.
And I cant end texts I havent tried phoning anyone as feel fed-up with all this.
I am wondering what to do as just tried the top-up suggestion.
I can't find Cleoiff s telephone nbrs on my new phone anywhere.
Not sure where to look really.
I did a top-up using 2020 on the phone & that worked ok - well they took my money via credit card.
Still no imessage as under its green button is no ( in settings) but underneath it says 'waiting for activation' so that has been there all this week and I cant find a solution as havent changed my number? arghhhhh!
on 24-08-2018 12:46
Yes - got a new one for the iphone 8.
Applied for it online via O2 chatbox.
They never mentioned need to activate it or anything?
It does say under the imessage button ( its turned on - green button shows)
'waiting for activation'
I cant find anything on this new phone that says I need to activate the sim.
Did a top-up just now but for all I know that went to outer space the difference it made?
Imessage still says 'waiting for activation'
Might go back to the iphone 4 but I havent tried to do that as O2 adviser said the iphone 4 sim will disconnect when I put the sim in the iphone 8?
24-08-2018 12:48 - edited 24-08-2018 12:53
How to activate your sim here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim
If you are having problems and can't borrow a phone to contact customer services, https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus..... then your best bet is to go instore at O2 and ask them to look at it.
It does sound as if you need to do a sim swap http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
However I would let the shop sort it out if you are struggling?
on 17-09-2018 12:05
Hi @maggianni, it's been a while since you last posted so I hope the issue with your iMessages has been resolved by now. Please do post again if you have any further questions though.
We've just got some additional information that might help others in the future with iMessage-related issues specifically, so I'll include it here just in case!
To use iMessage:
- Make sure you have correct iPhone bolt-on on your account and if using pay as you go that you have credit on your account.
- To activate iMessage, go to Settings > Messages and make sure that SMS and MMS Messaging are also switched on. Once iMessage has been activated they can be switched off.
If account is ok and all has been enabled in Settings, but iMessage is still not working here's a few things to try:
- Go to Settings > General > Date and Time to make sure that date, time, and time zone are set correctly - ‘Set Automatically’ option is recommended.
- Go to Settings > Phone > My Number to make that number is correct.
- Switch Airplane Mode on and off.
- Sign out of Apple ID and then log back in again - go to Settings > Message, scroll down to and select ‘Send & Receive’, tap on Apple ID & sign out.
Next turn off iMessage > then turn Wi-Fi on/off > turn iMessage back on and sign in with Apple ID
- Switch both iPhone and Facetime off and restart the phone and then enable both services again (it may take up to 24 hours for the services to activate).
- Reset network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
If none of these steps work you'd need to back up and restore your iPhone (preferably via iTunes).
Hope that helps!
→ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
→ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
→ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
→ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!
If you'd like to take part, why not register?