Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch

Nicko1969
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i was wondering if any could help me.My parents have just bought me an Apple Watch Series 4 cellular from The Apple Store.Called o2 to get connected to a tariff and i was told its only for customers who buy the watch through o2.Just checked on EE and they let customers connect who have bought there watches from The Apple Store.What is going on here.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Nicko1969 

It doesn't matter where you buy from.

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Nicko1969 

It doesn't matter where you buy from.

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Nicko1969
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted.Many thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

NRODDY
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So if there any difference at all depending if you purchase your watch from o2 or direct from Apple? i.e differences in data limits, monthly bill cost etc etc?
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No difference to the data plans available.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

NRODDY
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So the functionality. options and costs are all exactly the same?
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes they are.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

NRODDY
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Excellent thanks very much you're been a great help. The help page suggested the same but, when I spoke to customers services they suggested otherwise so good to get a second opinion!
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10