Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

apple watch - pair problem

Hi

My husband is trying to pair his apple watch (3) - we are all on pay monthly family plan but when he logs on to try and pair it it only gives him the option to buy a new airtime plan and not use his existing one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

O2 Support

Re: apple watch - pair problem

hiya,

the apple watch needs its own seperate data connection to work when your phones not about.

kurt

signature
Topics: 573
Solutions: 16,140

@Crunchmonkey 

The apple Apple watch data plan is an additional £5 per month and provides the watch with unlimited data. 

It must be linked to an existing iPhone tariff but cannot use the same allowances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Former Staff

Hi @Crunchmonkey , I hope your husband got the Apple Watch to work in the end - there's some good info above explaining how it works. Smiley Happy Let us know if you have any additional questions though!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature