cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom-in on safari text boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
This drives me mad and is doing it whilst I'm writing this post! As soon as I hit return in a website text box, the font size zooms Up close which is so annoying. Is there a way to stop this happening???
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
This drives me mad and is doing it whilst I'm writing this post! As soon as I hit return in a website text box, the font size zooms Up close which is so annoying. Is there a way to stop this happening???

.....I totally agree!!! It IS REALLY annoying!! Apparantlt it's meant to be a feature of ios4 as my iPod touch 3G NEVER did this until I upgraded it to ios4!

I absolutely hate it + I have also found that if your post is quite a lengthy one, as you near the bottom of the text box, your actual text starts disappearing (it's doing it now!!) behind the 'Previeq' and 'Submit' buttons below and you CANNOT actually see what you are typing.....! Try it and see.....
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you both got Zoom turned off in the accessibilty section of General Settings?

That was always the problem with the GS but not sure how close the iphone 4 is but guessing it is just about identical in the settings bit.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you both got Zoom turned off in the accessibilty section of General Settings?
.......yea, it's turned off!! It only zooms in when writing in text boxes like this, and then, the zoom only happens when you hit the 'Return' key on the qwerty keypad....! If you keep typing (like I'm doing here) WITHOUT hitting 'return'(so there's no spaces between the lines) - it doesn't zoom...?! Can someone else try this....?!
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bearing in mind I am using a 3GS then just tried it and it zooms a bit when you start typing to make it easier to read but return just takes it down a line no bother so you can start a new paragraph.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
......does your 3GS have ios4 on it? Reason I ask is that my iPod Touch 3G did NOT have this issue until I upgraded the software to ios4!

Maybe it's an ios4 feature/issue?!
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Dean, been running iOS4 since it came out. And to be honest don't think there will be any difference in the settings between them except for the things you can only do on a IP4.
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think its a bug, happens to me occasionally. I can't see how it would be a 'feature' as its not useful at all!
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whats the latest on this?
Has anyone who had the problem found a solution?
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I have got my new iPhone 4 and the same thing happens.
Obviosuly a software problem. I don't know if Apple are aware of it, although I would hope they are.
How do I make them aware?
Message 10 of 16