Did you mean: 

'You Missed a Call From Me' messages from O2

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

This is seriously starting to get on my nerves...!!!!  Smiley Mad

Every week (And I do mean EVERY week..!), at least once a week, I get these stupid 'You Missed a Call From Me' free texts from O2.

You Missed a Call From Me

WHY....?!?!?!?!?  My phone sits in front of my eyes on my desk, where I work, it does not ring, I have no diverts on and have full bars of service and yet I get this message to say 'You missed a call from me'...!??!!?  How can I miss a call when the phone didn't even ring in the first place...?!

Dialling back the number just gets an automated response which says, '.......the number you have dialled is incorrect, please try again'.  This makes NO sense...??Weird

There are no messages in my voicemails to suggest I have 'missed a call' so why am I getting these EVERY WEEK...???

I have tried turning my voicemails off and on to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. 

Is there any way I can turn these texts off with O2? If I have a missed call, my iPhone 5 will show me (via the Phone app in Notification Center) - I do NOT want to receive a 'free text' telling me as well (seeing that the texts are nearly always wrong)......!!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
There seems to be some confusion here between "Missed call alert" which is an alternative to voicemail and "Abandoned call alert" which can be switched on even when voicemail is switched on. Google "O2 Abandoned call alert" to find out more.

I have Googled 'O2 Abandoned Call Alert' but what I am geeting is indeed the 'Missed Call Alert' as defined by O2:

Missed Call Alert - you can have this instead of voicemail. This service will automatically send you a text notification to say that you missed a call if the caller couldn't get through. The text will say something like:

"You missed a call from me at 16:21 17 Mar. This is a free Call Alert from o2"

This is exactly the message which I am receiving so is indeed the Missed Call Alert.

Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I found by doing the search:-

Home / Support / Turning Abandoned Call Alert on/off
Turning Abandoned Call Alert on/off

To turn Abandoned Call Alert on/off, simply dial 901.

Then dial *, 4, 5

Please Note: For Abandoned call Alert to work, voicemail must be selected. To turn voicemail on, simply dial 1750.

I have had this switched on for a long time so get these alerts whenever a caller does not leave a voicemail.
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Avid an even clearer explanation.

Answering your phone isn't always possible and with Call Alert we'll send you a text message everytime you miss a call.

If you have no coverage, are on the phone or even if your phone is switched off we'll text you to let you know that you have missed a call.

We'll send you the time and date of the missed call, along with the number that called you so you can return the call.

There are two types of Call Alert:

Missed Call Alert - you can have this instead of voicemail. This service will automatically send you a text notification to say that you missed a call if the caller couldn't get through. The text will say something like:

"You missed a call from me at 16:21 17 Mar. This is a free Call Alert from o2"

Abandoned call Alert - this is an optional complimentary service that works with voicemail. If you choose Abandoned Call Alert, you will receive missed call notification text if the caller couldn't get through, and didn't leave you a voicemail message.

Please note: Missed Call Alert and Voicemail cannot be used at the same time. When you switch on one service, it will switch off the other.
Message 23 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Not sure what is going on again with my account but haven't received any of these alrerts since my posts on here in May. Now, all of a sudden, I get another message, over the weekend, stating:

You missed a call from me.jpg

After checking on my iPhone 5, I can confirm that I had NO missed calls whatsoever (my phone did not even ring) + the fact there are no voicemails or anthing to signify that somebody tried to call me?!?!

Why am I STILL getting these messages 4 months on.....................?!

HelpSmiley Mad

Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you spoken to O2 Customer Services via phone and if so what have they said ?
Message 25 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wonder if it's a scam from a marketing company in Nigeria to get you to call them back......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/02030601580
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
http://uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/02030601580

...hmm, that would surely explain why my iPhone shows no actual missed calls or messages then!  Just realised that the number which the supposedly 'missed call' came from, seems to be different each time I get these messages. I'm guessing that if these were genuine texts from O2, the number would always be the same!

I guess I am just going to have to block these numbers, each time I receive a text! Cheers for that link MI5 - looks like these texts are indeed scams enticing me to call the number back to get sucked in!!

Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do offer a missed call text message service and the text comes from o2. I myself use this and find it helpful.
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think these are a scam too. Have been sitting at my desk, phone next to me, when one of these messages came through saying I had missd a call at 1535. But there was no call, and no message. Why don't they leave a message? Tried dialling from my office landline but got a 'fault' number. Am blocking, I love that function on the phone.........

Message 30 of 31