cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question about e-mail and smtp.o2.co.uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to add another thread about outgoing e-mail but reading through many others I still can't set it to work.

What works on my phone is:

Host Name:  smtp.o2.co.uk

Username:  firstnamelastname

Password:   ***********

Use SSL: No

Authentication: Password

Server Port: 25

In trying to set up my wife's e-mail I have tried the above and it doesn't work: "user name or password are incorrect".

Her O2 username is her e-mail address. How does a username that is an e-mail address become available as an o2.co.uk address and do I need to include the "@o2.co.uk" bit?

Aaargggghhhhh!! 

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Just use smtp.virginmedia.com, SSL, port 465
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoorah!

Thank you all very much.Bouncy

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Anytime slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear your now sorted.

Take care.

Bouncy

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried the settings as suggested on my Samsung Galaxy 4 phone and the incoming e-mail works fine. However I can't send any e-mails with the settings.

My seetings page has other required entries, i.e. "Security Type", "Port" and a box to tick marked "Require sign-in".  What do I enter in these boxes?

I have tried various entries but always get the message, when the phone checks, "Unable to safely connect to the server".

All help appreciated.

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Security = none
Port = 25
Tick sign in
Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
It won't be working for much longer though so I'd advise setting up an alternative account.
Message 17 of 17