Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XR lost signal - eSim fix not loading

XR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got an XR a few months ago. Have always had signal issues when leaving WiFi where I have had to turn off and on the phone again before being able to use the phone. Believe it’s an ios13 issue that is known.

Went to the guru at an apple bar and they recommended I installed an eSim which I did. I’ve now had no signal at all for over 48 hours and have reset all the network settings, turned it on and off etc. I’ve asked for help on the live chat and they told me to ring up (I can’t ring... I have no signal!!!!) They’ve also said it’s a known issue and being fixed, so I can’t do anything at all.

Very angry customer!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@XR 

It's a known issue and I see you have already posted on this thread

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/iPhone-XR-dropping-signal-following-iOS13-Update/td-p/1266... and we have heard nothing new. I will tag @Martin-O2  and @Chris_K to see if they know if they are any nearer a fix.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@XR 

As you say the esim is supposed to fix this issue but it sounds like your port over to an esim has failed. 

If you don6have any other means of phoning customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 I'd call in to your local O2 shop who should be able to check why the port hasn't gone through yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@XR  If you have Skype or can borrow a friend's phone or have a land line you can call customer service for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, thanks for tagging us. I don't have a detailed update on this myself apart from that we're aware of a small number of iPhone XR customers experiencing intermittent connectivity, and we’re working closely with Apple to identify the cause and implement a fix. We have no ETA, but hope that the issue will be resolved soon. If you’re still impacted by this, please feel free to send me a PM here on the forum so we can get some details from you to help towards resolving this.

Message 5 of 8

dazzaxjr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

I am also having the issue with Iphone XR dropping mobil signal daily. 

Been speaking to Apple and O2 for many weeks trying to resolve. 

Happy to provide details if it will aid the investigation?

Message 6 of 8

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

P.S. I would also add that this is not an issue isolated to a few phones. 

My local Apple store is well aware of the issue with iPhone XR and O2 network, and had seen dozens of examples in the last few weeks alone. 

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Update: We continue to prioritise this issue and we’re working hard to get this resolved for our customers. Apple has confirmed they will have a fix in an upcoming software release – date TBC.

In the meantime, and as a temporary solution, if you are impacted by this issue and lose signal then turning your device off and on again should restore your connectivity. If a re-start doesn’t restore service, we recommend you contact our customer services team who will be able to check your account and do further checks with you.

Message 8 of 8