Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Withheld numbers

I have just found out that the iphone does not accept any calls from withheld numbers. My hospital swichboard cannot get through to my iphone simply because the switchboard appears as a withheld call - is there any solution or is this the end of the iphone for me?
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

I can accept both withheld and blocked numbers... you are best to call o2...if are having calls restricted..
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

My iPhone accepts calls from withheld numbers (although I wish it couldn't Smiley Wink)

They should show on-screen as "Blocked" rather than withheld... if it's not ringing at all though then I'd check with Customer Services and ensure that there's no form of Anonymous Call Rejection on your account.
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

I've spent 15 minutes with a chap from O2 who said they can't do anything from their end and its an apple issue. He was looking up the customer forum for answers! He thought my only option was to return the phone. I don't understand if others can receive blocked calls, why can't I?
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

Try again and ask O2 to own their own problem. How could it be an Apple problem !
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

I know this maybe a bit long winded but the best way to do it is to put your o2 out of the iphone into another o2 phone... of you have the same issue its a network issue... if it works then its a phone issue... if you dont have another o2 handset pop into an o2 store and get them to check it...
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

Thanks ippyboi - genius! I will pop into an O2 shop when I have some time and let you guys know how I get on
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

Try again and ask O2 to own their own problem. How could it be an Apple problem !

This is not a network problem, there is no phsical way that O2 are able to put a block on your number for anonymous calls. It is simply not possible.

I suspect a faulty sim or device.
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

check the phone settings for incoming restrictions?
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

Blocked calls are not an O2 problem O2 do not block your calls it is a handset function.