Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Withheld numbers

Can you block callers on the iPhone atall?
If you wanted to I mean.
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

This is not a network problem, there is no phsical way that O2 are able to put a block on your number for anonymous calls. It is simply not possible..

It's possible ... but I don't believe O2 offer it as a service... I used to have it on Orange - if you called from a Withheld number you'd simply get "The number you are calling does not accept calls from callers who withhold their number" as a recorded message.

It's called "Anonymous Call Rejection" or ACR by most providers and it's most certainly possible.
Anonymous

Withheld numbers

This is not a network problem, there is no phsical way that O2 are able to put a block on your number for anonymous calls. It is simply not possible..

It's possible ... but I don't believe O2 offer it as a service... I used to have it on Orange - if you called from a Withheld number you'd simply get "The number you are calling does not accept calls from callers who withhold their number" as a recorded message.
It's called "Anonymous Call Rejection" or ACR by most providers and it's most certainly possible.

Unfortunately ACR is normally charged for. I would have it enabled if it was free and you could switch it on/ off when it suits.
It would be nice if this was possible on the phone end as opposed to the network end.
Anonymous

Re: Withheld numbers

I am presently trying to get witheld numbers on my galaxy S6 as my Doctors surgery always calls using a witheld number. So far no luck only get the surgery if give my mother's no when visit. Any ideas? tried settings so far to no avail. 

Highlighted
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,502

Re: Withheld numbers

Go to your device menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Phone --> call rejection and turn off withheld numbers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)