cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish to lower my tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable
My tariff is to high I am in the middle of changing jobs and I can't afford my currant tariff is there any chance it can be lowered my currant tariff is £68 I need it to be lower than that I don't need data
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only way possible (assuming you haven't previously increase it mid contract) is to pay off what you owe and take a cheaper tariff by starting over.
If you have a refresh contract that just involves paying off the device plan and you can then switch to sim only and keep your phone with no further device payments or if on a full phone and sim contract you must pay off up to the end of your contracted minimum term.
You get to keep the phone either way but refresh is the cheapest way of getting out.
If you have previously increased this current tariff, there is a possibility that you can revert to your original tariff as long as it is still a current tariff sold by O2 today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only way possible (assuming you haven't previously increase it mid contract) is to pay off what you owe and take a cheaper tariff by starting over.
If you have a refresh contract that just involves paying off the device plan and you can then switch to sim only and keep your phone with no further device payments or if on a full phone and sim contract you must pay off up to the end of your contracted minimum term.
You get to keep the phone either way but refresh is the cheapest way of getting out.
If you have previously increased this current tariff, there is a possibility that you can revert to your original tariff as long as it is still a current tariff sold by O2 today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's a real pity that many people are finding it difficult to maintain contractual obligations.

Having said that.. £68?...Good grief ....I doubt I would ever commit to a contract like that. In these changing times one never knows what's round the next corner...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yeah amazes me that a contract that high is actually required but then when speaking to these people if they dont have wifi available and with everthing hd uhd and the speeds thesae connection can hit then you realise there reasoning for it. All good when you see the contract but when the payments starts then when it hurts. 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 4 of 6

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sell the phone, pay off device and move to SIM only. If your that hard up, go pay and go. You can get a phone for a fiver these days.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff guess that is the combined refresh airtime and device payment so as @MI5 suggests paying off the handset would reduce the monthly but until @Anonymous comes back it is all we can advise

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 6