cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will O2 unblacklist my device?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my partner's iPhone device unbarred/unblacklisted - this was originally due to lack of payment but that side of things has been resolved now.

Every time I speak to o2, they mention unlatching codes and whatnot, but each person seems to tell me what they think I want to hear. First person told me 1-2 hours, the second told me up to 6 hours and now I'm being told 72 hours. Conveniently, 72 hours is up about an hour after O2's support line closes tonight.

Is an unlatching code even needed for them to unblock my phone? I always assumed unlatching was to do with carrier unlocking, e.g. if I wanted to use a different network. But this device is completely barred, I couldn't go and buy an O2 PAYG sim for example, it just shows no service. Am I being mugged off here or should I just wait?

I understand the lack of payment is mine/my partners fault in the first place but I'd rather just be told it's not possible then keep getting told different things - thanks all!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No it doesn't need unlatching at all.
I was blocked for non payment so that is what needs lifting.
Only CS can do that for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No it doesn't need unlatching at all.
I was blocked for non payment so that is what needs lifting.
Only CS can do that for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@AnonymousNothing will happen on a Sunday night. You probably need to speak to customer service again, as @MI5 has suggested, but you may as well wait until tomorrow. I would think that the earliest anything would be done regarding lifting the block would be Tuesday now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both - I know nothing would happen tonight, this has been ongoing since Tuesday but I think most of the people I have spoke to keep getting it confused with a SIM unlock. I imagine they just have one big database of flagged IMEI numbers, but I'm running out of things to say to them as they don't seem to understand -.-

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Keep trying until you get someone with sense I'm afraid.....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

As we are all customers here, all we can do is give you advice and wish you luck. Please come back if you have any other questions and also let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6