Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issue with iPhone 6?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone else experienced issues with the wifi on the iPhone 6? I don't know if it is the iPhone 6 or the iOS 8.

The wifi randomly goes off and can't find a signal.  I put it on airplane mode and off again and still nothing - even when it is next to the router.  The only thing that resolves the issue is to reset the phone, although it is just a temporary measure and it happens agin 1 or 2 days later.

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It could be an iOS problem as I had a few occasions where my iPad wouldn't connect to WiFi. Had to manually connect to wifi.

It's ok connecting to the home router - but it will randomly disconnect itself and I can't get it to connect again until I reset my phone.  I did have problems connecting it to a printer in a store when I was printing photos off.

Hopefully the 2nd restore will help - otherwise i'll be back at Apple in 2 weeks.

Message 21 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It could be an iOS problem as I had a few occasions where my iPad wouldn't connect to WiFi. Had to manually connect to wifi.

It's ok connecting to the home router - but it will randomly disconnect itself and I can't get it to connect again until I reset my phone.  I did have problems connecting it to a printer in a store when I was printing photos off.

Hopefully the 2nd restore will help - otherwise i'll be back at Apple in 2 weeks.

And I don't blame you for such an expensive item. 

Message 22 of 66

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
My second iPhone 6, has just started with the same problem tonight. I only took my old one in Monday, and had it swapped for a new one. I'm now fully convinced it's a iOS issue, I'm hoping the update sorts it out. Think it's out on the 20th of this month. Done a hard reset, see how it goes. 😣
Message 23 of 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, still lots of reports of dodgy wifi connectivity all over so I guess it must be software related.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 66

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Apple told me that after a restore people need to wait 2 weeks for the data to collect for when they do a diagnostic.

Message 25 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does sound a reasonable settlement period after a restore for the logs to collate.
Message 26 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A very frustrating situation when you pay £600+ for a new phone...and it is having these issues. Even more frustrating is being expected to wait for 2 weeks until something 'can be done'...

Please do not think I make my comments purely because this is an iPhone.... Any item costing this amount should be issue free in my opinion...

To put it in perspective...I would hate to buy a washer/dryer costing in excess of £600 only to have some parts of it not work....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 66

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Every product family has a "lemon" at some time during its existence......even Roll Royce.....it's just that some are less public than others.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 28 of 66

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Every product family has a "lemon" at some time during its existence......even Roll Royce.....it's just that some are less public than others.

Without a doubt....but there are lemons...and then there are orchards....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got exactly the same problems...I've had problems finding wifi...took 10 minutes to sign in to a network in a bar the other day ...and it occasionally can't search at all. Also the O2 signal is not as good as on the 4 s or S3 in our house..I've checked using the actual figures and it's a very volatile signal going from -78 to -117 in a matter of minutes without moving the phone. Far worse than the pretty static - 80 ish with the other two phones. Curiously daughter's updated 5s isn't so good as it was at holding the signal but it's better than my iphone 6 on ios 8.0
Message 30 of 66