Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issue with iPhone 6?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone else experienced issues with the wifi on the iPhone 6? I don't know if it is the iPhone 6 or the iOS 8.

The wifi randomly goes off and can't find a signal.  I put it on airplane mode and off again and still nothing - even when it is next to the router.  The only thing that resolves the issue is to reset the phone, although it is just a temporary measure and it happens agin 1 or 2 days later.

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No doubt they will swap the phone so make a backup before you go in slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 66

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No doubt they will swap the phone so make a backup before you go in slight_smile

I've done about 4 backups just to make sure slight_smile

Message 13 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good move.

I make them to iCloud and iTunes.
Message 14 of 66

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I've done about 4 backups just to make sure slight_smile

You can never have too many wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 66

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

So here's an update.

I went to the Apple store.

I explained the problem, I also mentioned the issue of my phone cutting off during some calls.

I was told that a diagnostics needs to be done so I had to connect to the Apple wifi.

It took a few minutes for my phone to even locate the Apple wifi and more time to connect to it.  I was told this was a bit odd.

When the diagnotics was run it showed that the wifi was normal, but I was told that should be expected for a new phone.  I don't know why the wifi issue was not detected. They saw the issue with finding and connecting to wifi but as it doesn't show in the diagnostics nothing could be done.  The diagnostics also showed that there was an issue with the springboard and that a few calls have been dropped.

I was told that it may be a software issue.  I was advised to restore it.  I said I had to restore it the day I got it due to an issue with the wifi.  I was told to restore it to a new phone and lose all of my pictures.  I was not happy as I have 2000+ pictures. 

I was told I had to restore it and wait 2 weeks for the logs to collect.

I'm not happy with their suggestion as I know the wifi will go off again.  So I guess I just have to wait 2 weeks.

Message 16 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemma

I appreciate your frustration and I'm a little disappointed that they didn't swap it out but as long as you follow their requests and it does not remedy the situation then they would really have to swap it out.
Message 17 of 66

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's not the usual Apple good service 😞

Currently using:
Message 18 of 66

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Disappointing if I'm honest given that it's not just the one problem. Maybe the next update release will help...

Message 19 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could be an iOS problem as I had a few occasions where my iPad wouldn't connect to WiFi. Had to manually connect to wifi.
Message 20 of 66