Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issue with iPhone 6?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone else experienced issues with the wifi on the iPhone 6? I don't know if it is the iPhone 6 or the iOS 8.

The wifi randomly goes off and can't find a signal.  I put it on airplane mode and off again and still nothing - even when it is next to the router.  The only thing that resolves the issue is to reset the phone, although it is just a temporary measure and it happens agin 1 or 2 days later.

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Same problem as someone else had on here - They updated yesterday that Apple swapped the phone for them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemma.

No problems as of yet on my iPhone 6

Have you tried the remedies listed on the net.

One example http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/ios-8-wifi-battery-drain-fix-prob...
Message 3 of 66

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've not had that problem but thanks for the heads up. It is always good to know about bugs and defects. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 66

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks @MI5  - i will make a reservation at Apple for them to check it out.

Message 5 of 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That sounds like the best option Gemz.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen any other reporting this issue. Let us know if you find a solution as it may help others searching for similar issues....

Thanks!

Message 7 of 66

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

gemz I had this same issue, as MI5 mentioned. I kept having to reset my phone, only had it a week. If you google iphone 6 wifi issues, seems many people have had the same problem. I made a reservation with apple at my local store, and they replaced the handset, as it wasn't finding the wifi instore. The guy said he'd had a few people in with the issue, he too thought apple would release an ios update soon, as it could be a problem with that. In my case he wasn't sure so replaced the handset, touch wood it's been fine up to now. Fingers crossed.

Message 8 of 66

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have an appointment at the Apple store later today so I will let you know how it goes slight_smile

Message 9 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Looking forward to your update
Message 10 of 66