cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling on Iphone 6 - call O2 to set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to  get wifi calling on my phone - I switch to ON in settings and I get the message

To allow Wifi calling on this account, contact 02. There are no help topics on the website link..other than the steps that I have just completed.... frustrated!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you may have to keep persevering with CS until you can get through 

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not sure why the need to contact O2?
I managed to enable it simply by clicking the link in MyO2.
Please let us know why yours is different after you have spoken to CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
No my contract finished in November but because I dont want to have to pay the £15 unlock fee I have carried on with the monthly fee - wanna move to another provider but refuse to pay the £15 to do so. 😞
Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's free to unlock a contract phone.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

satchi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone managed to get this resolved?  I'm literally going round in circles on the webpages.

I have the same issue as the original person who set up the thread, i've followed the link given by the 2nd person, but I have no activation options at all under device details on the O2 account page to start with. 

I've followed all the links on all the pages but nothing doing.  I can't even activate 4g calling without being told to contact O2.

I am using a iphone 6 that was purchased direct from Apple so it's never been an "O2" only phone.  I'm on a pay monthly contract and I'm using the latest 11.1.2 software.

Any fresh solutions or ideas would be appreciated.

Message 15 of 18

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you go into MyO2 and log in do you see your own phone number, top left, just below where it says Your Device?

If you don't then something is wrong there. If that part is correct then further down is a heading "Device Details" below which is a clickable link saying "Find Out More". Do you see that? If so, what do you get if you click it?

PS I did this yesterday and my WiFi and 4G calling is active today on iPhone 6. No need to contact O2 just one click and wait a day - sorted 🙂

Message 16 of 18

JuicyLucy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cannot find it on thje link you gave me, these were the instrauctions I used

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions