cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling on Iphone 6 - call O2 to set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to  get wifi calling on my phone - I switch to ON in settings and I get the message

To allow Wifi calling on this account, contact 02. There are no help topics on the website link..other than the steps that I have just completed.... frustrated!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to enable it under device details in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 then ensure it is turned on in phone settings.
Wait 24 hours, then restart your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else fed up with being hung upon when they call in to 02 to get advice? Ive been through to support 3 times and been through verification, then on hold for ages only to hear the ring tone - then be hung up on! 

CHAT Facility has been "checking for available agent" since 9am this morning - how are we supposed to get help? ??  Appauled!

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous What is it that you need help with? We can help if it’s not account related 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enabling wifi calling...I have an Iphone 6. Ive watched the video, followed the instructions... and I get the message "to allow wifi calling on this account, contact 02"... only I can't contact them!! They hang up when I phone, no chat is available ..... fed up!

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've requested an unlock 3 times now - still not recieved anything. Cant cancel my account until I get one becuase then they will charge!!! Maybe thats why Ive not heard anyting. Cant chat with anyone cos they are 'checking for an agent' continually....been with them for years, not anymore once i get unlocked

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Have you paid off your device plan or out of contract? 

Read this guide carefully 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

Message 7 of 18

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Anonymous you should be able to enable Wifi and 4G calling from the MyO2 app or MyO2 online,

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhoneChanger @MI5 already suggested to do that in the OP’s original thread so I’m guessing the op hasn’t read that thread or is a little impatient 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - but I've tried both - it just shows a video with the steps that I've already completed... with the same message "that I need to contact o2 to about wifi calling on my account"  however I can't get hold of anyone at o2 😞 Frustrated still .. though I appreciate your response. 

Message 10 of 18