cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling - iOS 10.3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Just updated to iOS 10.3. Noticed in the settings that there is an option to enable wifi calling. Anyone know if this actually works now?
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, gave CS a call, they didnt even know it had been launched! 😞 Anyone know how to force a carrier update on an iPhone? Cheers.

Message 11 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Connect to iTunes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean TU Go's days are numbered?

Message 13 of 40

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I doubt it and certainly hope not.
I will end my contract with O2 if it does, but I don't see why it should either.
Tugo offers so much more than wifi calling does.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 40

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

I managed to turn it on via my o2, and it comes with the following caveat:

Adding Wifi and 4G Calling will permanently delete your TU Go account and data, including any call and text history stored in TU Go. Don’t worry, you can re-register for TU Go if you change your mind.

To enable it yourself click on your device, and it will then let you know if wifi calling and 4G Calling available, it also says can take upto 24hrs to enable and is only on the iPhone 7 and 7+ and needs a carrier update to enable the setting on the device.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Definitely not.
Tu allows a pay monthly customer, regardless of phone manufacturer, to make calls and send texts over WiFi.
WiFi calling is iPhone only (as far as I know) and you can only call another iPhone user.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 40

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

I managed to turn it on via my o2, and it comes with the following caveat:

Adding Wifi and 4G Calling will permanently delete your TU Go account and data, including any call and text history stored in TU Go. Don’t worry, you can re-register for TU Go if you change your mind.

Good. So it sounds like an either/or choice for those who want it.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 40

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
It's not limited to iPhone to iPhone users its just limited to be available to iPhone 7 devices (Inc Plus) and you can call anyone.

Full info here: http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Ah. 
Thank you for the correction.

Although if it takes as long to get it on Android as it did on iPhone it won't be here for a while...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also states cannot use Wifi Calling abroad, which is disappointing, may as well stay with TU Go!

Message 20 of 40