cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why o2 take so long to unlock my iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked o2 to unlock my iphone 5 on the 19th its now the 28th whats going on and why is it taking so long to do

i am a pay monthly customer and have no fixed contrct

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phone O2 CS - worked fine for me!

Edited to add that I phoned CS at about 3 this afternoon and my iPhone was unlocked at 5.30.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm sorry your having issues.

We are also customers here so can only surmise.

It can take a short while for the e mail / text to reach you which i believe is up to 14 days, to confirm for you to hook the iPhone up to iTunes with another networks sim inside it.

Perhaps contact them this way to see if all is ok.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Also try connecting your iPhone up with the alterntive sim inserted to see if it is.

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have contacted them on 4 occasions now first time I was told 72hrs then 24hrs
but its just bull
I was even told you will receive a email/text today but that never happened
very disappointed I may move networks now I have been with o2 for a long time
if I knew my phone would be locked to the first sim I put in I would have never paid full price for the phone from carphone warehouse they also said I was told it would be locked which is total bull again
next time I will just buy from apple like before

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have contacted them on 4 occasions now first time I was told 72hrs then 24hrs
but its just bull
I was even told you will receive a email/text today but that never happened
very disappointed I may move networks now I have been with o2 for a long time
if I knew my phone would be locked to the first sim I put in I would have never paid full price for the phone from carphone warehouse they also said I was told it would be locked which is total bull again
next time I will just buy from apple like before

I recall all the fuss when CPW advertised the iPhone 5 for sale as payg for the same price of what the Apple Stores were selling them for, and then I clocked the small print disclaimer saying it would lock to the first sim used in it.

ie:

"Please note: iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

Prompted me to buy mine from an Apple Store.

If you don't want to complete the online e mail contact then complete the complaint form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28RelatedHelp%29,CASE=46943

Unfortunately you have no other avenue than to go through 02.

Apple would not entertain any request.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phone O2 CS - worked fine for me!

Edited to add that I phoned CS at about 3 this afternoon and my iPhone was unlocked at 5.30.

Message 6 of 12

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

When i phone o2 about unlocking my 4s it was sorted within an hour.They said it could take 24 hours but it happened really quick.The o2 operator called me to notify me aswell.Was suprised how quik and easy it was to sort out.Hopefully you get it resolved soon.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have this same problem.

two times ask me to top up 15 pounds to unlock my iphone 5 and in the next 72 h will contact witch me what never happen !!

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Better off calling up guys - it's quicker than the online route especially if you have been waiting a while.

Should take 3 working days for iphone unock and no moe (according to their online form)

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to be an ongoing problem.

they ported my number over to my new provider three days ago but it's now a week later and 4 phone calls later and my phone still isn't unlocked.

Ive tried to make a formal complaint as my phone has been useless for three days but I was promised a call on my house phone by a customer services manager at 6pm last night and I'm still waiting.

phoned again this morning to get the same old waffle - we'll have to put a request in and it will take another 72 hours. When I demanded to speak to a manager I was told no one was available and that I couldn't hold because I was tying up a line.

absolute rubbish service.

Message 10 of 12