cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been charged for sending pictures when I know not to send them

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been charged for 7 instances within messages for supposedly sending a picture, which I never do as I know I will get charged as this is not covered within my contract. So the question is why ? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not free, no, they will be using character count.
Keep your eye on the text counter so you don't go over.

Apologies. I phrased that badly. They are included in character count but don't convert to MMS... is what I meant to ask....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes as long as they don't take you over 480 characters.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The use of smileys as mms is now handset dependant.

Previously on my Note 3 if I sent a green smiley it would just be part of the text count but if I sent a multi coloured one it would convert to mms.

However Since the last samsung update this is no longer the case and coloured smileys are now just part of the text.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
However on my S4 which is also running 4.4.2 coloured smileys continue to convert to mms.
Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If I send smilies at all....it is only the green (free) ones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff if you check your mms settings in your new shiny red note 3 there is one that will give you a warning if you skip from text to mms.

Try one. Go to your text and select a coloured smiley. I think you will be pleasantly surprised assuming you have updated your software. (Mine is an o2 branded Note 3)
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Cleoriff if you check your mms settings in your new shiny red note 3 there is one that will give you a warning if you skip from text to mms.

Try one. Go to your text and select a coloured smiley. I think you will be pleasantly surprised assuming you have updated your software. (Mine is an o2 branded Note 3)

No just green smilies at present Nick. It has an update waiting to install...but as I am in Spain...not jiggering about with it...:smileywink:

My lady in red has been good all the time I have been here...(apart from the initial network search when I landed)...so not pushing my luck...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17