cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has iTunes charges suddenly started to go to my phone bill ?

MC2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I never used 02 to charge my iTunes’s purchases ever. Since 4th February I discovered today that these have all been sent to the carrier to add to my O2 phone bill , instead of sending these purchases to the credit card that I have always used. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I googled this and discovered that this would help people who don’t have credit cards etc.... it the switch was done without my permission. I did not make the change ....and wonder also whether this is a scam .....however, I checked my February bill and to my horror found my recent iTunes purchases had been charged to my mobile phone carrier- O2. 

If anyone can hope me ...I would appreciate it. 

I know now I can change the settings back, but object to it happening without any input from me. 

Thanks, 

😂

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @MC2019, haven't heard of this happening on our end - it would be best as mentioned above to check with customer service if they can shed any light on this for you after looking at your account. Please do let us know how that goes and if you still need any additional help afterwards? slight_smile

Cheers everyone for your suggestions and info above! thumbsup

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MC2019 You can check your preferences on your MyO2 page, which you are obviously aware that you can change. O2 has had a nasty habit in the past of resetting preferences without us giving them permission, which we have complained about before. I will tag our community admin @Marjo and @EmilieT. You can also lodge a complaint, but if you do, community admin won't be able to assist you. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @MC2019

As this is a customer forum, we would have no access to your account and, therefore, can't really answer your question.

You need to speak to customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to establish what happened. Speak to an advisor, do not use live chat for any account-based queries. The best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long wait on hold.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MC2019 I thought enabling charge to mobile iTunes required a verification code to be entered on the iPhone (it did when I set it up ) 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It does, the only way to use carrier billing on iOS, android or any payforit service, is by means of an initial authentication by password, print or face ID
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Customer service will switch off charge to mobile for you. It looks like, to me  that you may have changed some setting yourself though when mailing iTunes purchases. 

Message 6 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @MC2019, haven't heard of this happening on our end - it would be best as mentioned above to check with customer service if they can shed any light on this for you after looking at your account. Please do let us know how that goes and if you still need any additional help afterwards? slight_smile

Cheers everyone for your suggestions and info above! thumbsup

Message 7 of 8

MC2019
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for taking the time to help me.
I phoned 02 and also iTunes and both said they would never change the setting. They thought I had done it ....but I know that I did not do that.

So the question still remains as to how any setting can change without a customers knowledge.

It is interesting to note that AMEX thought a fraud had occurred for this transaction and initially I recognised the purchase but did not realise it was not billed to Amex but to my phone .
I think there was an external input somewhere and it has made me more conscious to keep checking in future.

Thanks again.
Xx
Message 8 of 8