cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't Wifi calling include SMS and MMS messages?

Loony22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

exactly that, wifi is great but i have such low signal indoors that sometimes cant even send a text message.

Message 1 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I haven't received a response to this question yet but it is on the way. I'll update you as soon as I have news. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 112

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

From the previous post by Martin-O2, Community Manager:

"I've chased a response to this question this morning. I'll update this thread as soon as I have news."

So I was essentially asking if he had news, even though I presume he is part of the "we" you refer too.  If I were to ask customer service, do you really think I'd get a straight, proper, truthful and knowledgable answer?  Really??

If you look at the usernames then you will see what @MI5 means @Anonymous.

Some people (about 5-6) have a bold blue username. These are the official representatives of o2 on the community, and so their reply will be the official one.

Everyone else, with any other colour username, is here as a customer/private individual.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 112

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys I've received a response about the absence of texts from the wifi calling feature. Please see below. 

O2's Wifi Calling service doesn’t currently support the ability to send/receive SMS when there is no cellular coverage available. We’re continually working to improve our products and services and will let you know of any changes.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 112

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least that proves my testing wasn't flawed.

Wonder when/if O2 will turn this on?  And why it's currently a non-enabled feature when other providers do?

Message 24 of 112

Loony22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hope they do it soon i am tired of crap reception and having wifi sms will solve all my issues.
Message 25 of 112

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Unfortunately there's no info on if or when texts will be supported but we will update the community with any news! 

signature

Message 26 of 112

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2

Many thanks for your input! Please ask the relevant app developers to include the function as I know that at least one mobile provider in the UK have enabled such function. I hate to see that O2's customers are turned off by the lack of such function. 

Message 27 of 112

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @mavericke and thanks for your feedback. I'll make sure it reaches the wifi calling team wink

signature

Message 28 of 112

Loony22
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Come on O2! i pay good money for your service and i cant even send a damn text message indoors.

Lets have Wifi texts and MMS soon Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 112

Loony22
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ok nearky another month passed, is there any news on this topic?
Message 30 of 112