cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I burning thru mobile data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For about 3 months now I've been using up my Data Allowance.  Even when I've bought 'topup data', say 1GB, I am burning through that in less than 4 days.  How can this be?  The latest is burning through 2GB in 4 days even after switching off Mobile Data whenever I'm at home using WiFi.  This is NUTS!  Please tell me what to do.  Everything was fine for at least 14 months.  I have an iPhone 6 Plus.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Wifi assist is on probably.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205296
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Not if Mobile data is off. 

Goto Settings, Mobile Data and see what apps are switched on for mobile data you can also see usage but bear in mind that is usage since you last reset the count at the bottom of the list of apps or since you got the phone.

You could try a reset and then wait a few days and see what you are using again.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turn off background Refresh & background updates such as apps updating on mobile data
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on? Did you manage to solve the data issue in the end? slight_smile

Message 6 of 6