cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 30-day 4G SIM-only plans be available?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much as per the subject title of this thread - does anybody know when O2 are going to introduce 30-day SIM-only plans for 4G data? At the time I write this they're still only offering 12-month SIM-only plans, sadly.

Also, I notice that on the 4G SIM-only page, where it asks what type of phone you'll be using it still has iPhone greyed out and says that iPhone doesn't work on O2 4G. I assume that's just sloppy website management from O2 is it? Because the iPhone 5S has plenty of LTE bands and does, I believe, fully support O2's chosen LTE bands, is that correct?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPhone 5s will work in o2's 4g.

I'll be updating to their payg version soon.

You would have to keep checking the tariffs page and here for updates or ring O2 on 202 from an O2 powered phone or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPhone 5s will work in o2's 4g.

I'll be updating to their payg version soon.

You would have to keep checking the tariffs page and here for updates or ring O2 on 202 from an O2 powered phone or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I was hoping there might have been some press about it that I'd missed and someone here might know, but I guess they haven't announced anything yet.

Might try out Three in the meantime on a 30-day plan to see what their 4G is like when it launches in December.

Ta.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried an ee payg 4g SIM card and 4g payg tariff in my iPhone 5 ,and it certainly does surf faster.

Happy days.

Just waiting to buy an iPhone 5s from Apple now.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried an ee payg 4g SIM card and 4g payg tariff in my iPhone 5 ,and it certainly does surf faster.

Yeah I was on O2 for years, then bought an unlocked 5S from Apple and switched to EE (30-day sim only) to try it out. Haven't been very impressed with the coverage at either my workplace or my home so going to switch again.

The 4G speeds on EE are great when you can get them, but even here in london I struggle to find coverage spots in a lot of places, especially at work.

I'm considering GiffGaff as then I get the benefit of O2's great coverage, but I wouldn't be able to tether and I wouldn't have 4G.

So decided to try Three for a couple of months and see how that goes. If the coverage is also bad even after they launch 4G I'll just switch again. That's the beauty of having an unlocked iPhone and only taking out 30-day contracts.

If GiffGaff had 4G plans and iPhone tethering thay'd be perfect for me.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ee coverage is ok where I live but I just wanted to have a play with 4G.

Giffgaff £12 Goody-bag looks tempting with unlimited internet.

The problem with them is the amount of naughty tethering going on , even on iPhones ,which helps to make their internet speeds go slow or drop out !
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gif Gaf 4G is rumoured for March 2014.

Gif Gaf allow tethering only on certain goodybags.

The unlimited Internet goodybags DON'T allow any tethering & the new Gif Gaf tethering detection system seems to have caught up with all the people that where abusing the system Smiley LOL

Gif Gaf have also just upgraded there equipment to make there part of the network more reliable.

Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

It will be interesting to see what tariffs GiffGaff offer for 4G.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers, however unfortunately while GiffGaff do allow tethering on some plans, it doesn't work with the iPhone specifically because I believe there is an issue with Apple allowing GiffGaff to be recognised as a carrier.

Shame, otherwise I'd probably be happy on their 1GB plan.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers, however unfortunately while GiffGaff do allow tethering on some plans, it doesn't work with the iPhone specifically because I believe there is an issue with Apple allowing GiffGaff to be recognised as a carrier.

Gif Gaf did mention recently this will be sorted very shortly.

Message 10 of 13