cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp not working whilst roaming in Europe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, for the past week or so my whatsapp isn't connecting to the network whilst on data roaming with 3G connection in European countries. It works fine in the UK however doesn't connect in Europe and I've tried in 4 different countries so far. I haven't re-installed it yet as I have so much data on there to back up first. Any ideas? All other apps work fine whilst using roaming. Thanks

Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi all, after receiving some complaints about WhatsApp not working outside the UK, we investigated it as a high priority and discovered an issue on our end that was causing this. I can confirm this issue has now been resolved and WhatsApp should be working normally for you now.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 44 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
odd, you don't need to reset your full phone, just try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Perhaps an update is needed, check the store. What handset are you using?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Has the app asked you to verify your number? Have you had any notifications at all?

Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using an iPhone 6. Checked the App Store and no updates. Looks like it's a whatsapp problem though maybe. I will reinstall it as a last option. Loads of data on the app to back up first, that's why. It stopped working in Spain last week, and hasn't worked in Spain, Germany or Belgium in the past few days. Works fine in the UK on mobile data, just not abroad though. Thanks guys

Message 4 of 50

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you got EU data turned on?
Turn it off if you don't have a specific EU data package.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's off at the moment. Tried it both ways already however my default setting has always been off and worked fine the past 5 years. So annoying as it's just whatsapp which isn't working whilst roaming right now. Thanks for the help

Message 6 of 50

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If everything else is working it must be the app then. You can back up all your convo's in the app settings then delete the app, reboot and reinstall it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah think that's the only solution left. I think there's a few people in the same situation. Thanks for the help guys

Message 8 of 50

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know if it works......

Currently using:
Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue in Spain. Keep up posted if you find a solution
Message 10 of 50