cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird diverting to voicemail issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have dialed 175002 to switch voicemail on (1750 doesn't work for me I just get a beep and the call disconnects).

Now when I have switched voicemail on, the call will divert to voicemail after approximately 10 rings. Also, when I'm engaged on another call the incoming call diverts to voicemail then too which is fine.

The issue I am having is. When my phone is switched off, or I have no service, the call does not divert to voicemail. Instead the recorded anouchment that 'it is not possible to connect this call' is heard.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Most important for me is that my calls go to voicemail when my phone is off or I have no coverage.

Just wondering if anyone could suggest anything to sort it?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It won't make any difference to them resetting VM if it's on or off tbh...
Rather than finding this number "+11234567890" you can just replace it with 901 which is obviously the O2 mailbox number.

Thanks for the help MI5, appreciate it slight_smile

Might have a go at replacing that number with 901, cant be anymore messed up than it is now Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
No probs..... Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update:

Been on the phone to CS via 202 and got the issue sorted out Cheers

The issue I was having was caused by the Tu Go app that I once had installed (which I'd previously removed). The advisor was unable to remove the Tu Go service, so she said I needed to reinstall the app, sign in with the password I'd previously used, telephone number.

Once installed I needed to go to Settings (in the Tu Go app) and chose remove account (or words to that affect).  

After this, she asked me for an alternative landline number to call me on, as she wanted to see if my iPhone went to voicemail when it was switched off.

After removing the Tu Go account, calls are now going through to voicemail when the iPhone is switched off/out of service.

After removing the Tu Go account and before she asked me to turn my iPhone off to leave a voicemail, the advisor asked me to dial 1750 (to switch voicemail on) weird thing is, before removing the Tu Go account, 1750 did not work for me, it just resulted in 3 beeps and the call disconnected. I had to instead dial 175002, very strange.

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That explains everything now, obviously anyone who has TuGo installed now need to use the 175002/176002 for voicemail now. This only happened to me once I installed it thinking back.

Many thanks for the info!

Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

After removing the Tu Go account and before she asked me to turn my iPhone off to leave a voicemail, the advisor asked me to dial 1750 (to switch voicemail on) weird thing is, before removing the Tu Go account, 1750 did not work for me, it just resulted in 3 beeps and the call disconnected. I had to instead dial 175002, very strange.

Thought it was Tugo related and that does certainly explain the 1750/176002 change slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15