WWDC 2020 June 22-26

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Capture.PNG

Get ready for a WWDC like never before, with a jam-packed, all-online experience coming to you from Apple Park.

What are you looking forward for the most with the upcoming WWDC event, there have already been a few rumours on what is going to be said?

The rumours and leaks have said they might be adding a new alphabetic app menu to iOS or if rumours are right iPhoneOS.

I am looking forward to see what new features are coming accessibility a rumour is that they are going to introduce a detection to ID the door bell being pressed or phone ringing which will help the deaf immensely if true.

What rumour or leak have you heard?

signature
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
@O2Karl

It would be good to see Apple innovate for a change rather than copy...

So far ive heard about ARM based mac's, bring back widgets to the Apple Home Screen, a 5G iPhone, some code been added so you can use for example Youtube features without it being installed.

I now get more excited by Microsoft and Lenovo annoucements as Apple have become stale
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 2 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Would be great to see some new ideas’ coming out of Apple, feels a bit different since Steve Jobs passed away.

Yeah seen a few things myself also seen the possible current handset compatibility for the rumoured iOS 14.

Don’t get me wrong I love Apple but I can see the amazing innovations coming out of the other businesses, over the passed 3 years I’ve gone from 100% Apple tech to about 50/50 other manufactures.

signature
Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
@O2Karl

I'm lucky i get to see pre production kit months before it hits the market as part of my job.

From what I have seen from Microsoft, Lenovo and Samsung, if i was Apple i'd be afraid as there are some awesome devices heading to the market, and they will be left behind big time.

I went from full Apple to only having an iPhone 7 as a test device and and 2 ipads one for testing and one for sentimental values.
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

Message 4 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

That sounds amazing what a great job,  Ive been eyeing the Microsoft Duo if I am honest no news if O2 will be offering this product but I bought myself a Microsoft Surface Laptop for christmas and I love how it feels and performs I think the Duo will complement it.

signature
Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
I have a surface book 2 and they are awesome devices...

The latest rumours are Microsoft have started trying to put Android 11 onto the Duo, and are aiming for a release in the coming months but with Corona Virus i think it will be end of the year / early next year, it wouldnt surprise me if it was a CES candidate 🙂
--

Message 6 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I've hooked my Surface to a monitor using the dock and bought myself the Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse, ill be honest a lot of stuff coming from Microsoft at the moment feels premium i'm really liking it. I think I have watched the trailer to the Duo about 20 times. slight_smile

Yeah I agree with what you say with a CES candidate I think everything is delayed, from tech to movies.

signature
Message 7 of 7