WWDC 2020 June 22-26

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Capture.PNG

Get ready for a WWDC like never before, with a jam-packed, all-online experience coming to you from Apple Park.

What are you looking forward for the most with the upcoming WWDC event, there have already been a few rumours on what is going to be said?

The rumours and leaks have said they might be adding a new alphabetic app menu to iOS or if rumours are right iPhoneOS.

I am looking forward to see what new features are coming accessibility a rumour is that they are going to introduce a detection to ID the door bell being pressed or phone ringing which will help the deaf immensely if true.

What rumour or leak have you heard?

signature
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@O2Karl

It would be good to see Apple innovate for a change rather than copy...

So far ive heard about ARM based mac's, bring back widgets to the Apple Home Screen, a 5G iPhone, some code been added so you can use for example Youtube features without it being installed.

I now get more excited by Microsoft and Lenovo annoucements as Apple have become stale
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Would be great to see some new ideas’ coming out of Apple, feels a bit different since Steve Jobs passed away.

Yeah seen a few things myself also seen the possible current handset compatibility for the rumoured iOS 14.

Don’t get me wrong I love Apple but I can see the amazing innovations coming out of the other businesses, over the passed 3 years I’ve gone from 100% Apple tech to about 50/50 other manufactures.

signature
Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@O2Karl

I'm lucky i get to see pre production kit months before it hits the market as part of my job.

From what I have seen from Microsoft, Lenovo and Samsung, if i was Apple i'd be afraid as there are some awesome devices heading to the market, and they will be left behind big time.

I went from full Apple to only having an iPhone 7 as a test device and and 2 ipads one for testing and one for sentimental values.
Message 4 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

That sounds amazing what a great job,  Ive been eyeing the Microsoft Duo if I am honest no news if O2 will be offering this product but I bought myself a Microsoft Surface Laptop for christmas and I love how it feels and performs I think the Duo will complement it.

signature
Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I have a surface book 2 and they are awesome devices...

The latest rumours are Microsoft have started trying to put Android 11 onto the Duo, and are aiming for a release in the coming months but with Corona Virus i think it will be end of the year / early next year, it wouldnt surprise me if it was a CES candidate 🙂
Message 6 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I've hooked my Surface to a monitor using the dock and bought myself the Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse, ill be honest a lot of stuff coming from Microsoft at the moment feels premium i'm really liking it. I think I have watched the trailer to the Duo about 20 times. slight_smile

Yeah I agree with what you say with a CES candidate I think everything is delayed, from tech to movies.

signature
Message 7 of 7