cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my bank card but my mums name

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was wondering if i would get a iphonme out on contract using my card but my mums name im only 17 i was wondering if i could do that.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. The contract would have to be in your mum's name as you are under 18. She could set it up to take payment out of your bank every month via direct  debit. Or she could pay from her bank and you give her the money monthly. As the contract would be in her name she would be responsible for any debt incurred . 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. The contract would have to be in your mum's name as you are under 18. She could set it up to take payment out of your bank every month via direct  debit. Or she could pay from her bank and you give her the money monthly. As the contract would be in her name she would be responsible for any debt incurred . 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many parents take out contracts for their children so that would not be a problem. You could always change the bank details so payment comes from your account after the initial fees but the contract would always be in your mum's name.

The beauty of Refresh is that after you have turned 18 you could pay off the handset and then get a new contract or sim only contract in your name. This would allow you to build up your credit rating too.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4