cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my Ipad monthy data in France

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm currently on holiday in France and would like to use my data roaming on my Ipad. I've seen o2 travel for £1.99 a day and for pay monthly customers I gather this is already in place. I'm just unsure whether my Ipad contract comes with this. I don't want to incur loads of charges 😞
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If it's a data sim only you can only use it in UK I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If it's a data sim only you can only use it in UK I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As far as I am aware the the ipad data tariff is a pre paid uk only data allowance.... but when abroad its recommended to use either wifi or get a local sim for ipad. If this has changed maybe someone could advise?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

Do you know what tariff you are on for your ipad? If it is a pay monthly sim only tariff, then you can use it abroad.

O2 travel doesn't apply to data only sim cards, so you will be charged standard roaming charges, in this case 17.2p. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you have an o2 contract phone you can tether the ipad using o2 Travel but your best option is a local sim. Even using o2 Travel, connection isn't fast when roaming and really only fit for light browsing.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Previous thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Ipad-Abroad/m-p/462304/highlight/true#M10...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Previous thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Ipad-Abroad/m-p/462304/highlight/true#M10...

That's the one Tardis.....I found it yesterday...used information from it...and then couldn't find it today....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7