Using an iphone SE with a EE sim card and an O2 E Sim

wg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I have a question for you.

I have an O2 monthly sim contract with my iPhone 7. My company want me to have a company mobile but it is android and it is from EE rather than O2

I do not want to have two phones and even worse an android phone.

I have seen I can get un unlocked iPhone SE 64GB for a reasonable price. Can I use that with the O2 sim card and use a EE e sim or the reverse,  use the EE sim card and apply for a O2 e sim so that the phone will use both lines?

Please advise 

Regards,

Warren.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

wg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the answer. 🙂

Would you know anywhere I could get information on how to do it? @jonsie 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@wg1 

Have a read here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/iPhone-XS-XS-Max-XR-Dual-Sim-Guide/ba-p/1175893

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I just took a contract with them and then called customer service to migrate my number

Quite easy to be honest

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@wg1 

If work are providing the sim card, i would use an esim for o2 (your personal contract) and get a physical sim from your employers as this way if something happens you just send them back the sim card. 

Also remember you will need to specify which sim to use, and if you want 5G its only on one sim.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I did something similar to this with my iPhone 12 Pro. It’s dual sim so that is an added bonus. Firstly, I contacted O2 to make sure my personal sim was transferred to the esim. That way i can always return the work SIM card if i leave or they replace them. After that it was just a case of popping the work physical sim into the phone and setting it up. Now i just turn that sim on and off during work hours! 

It’s also worth checking with your employer first as some really don’t like you doing this!

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 7