Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Iphone 6s with other networks

GalinTodorov
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I bought an iPhone 6s from eBay but it is locked to an O2 network (giffgaff), now I am using giffgaff and it is working fine. I need it to be unlocked, so I can use my phone abroad and with another sim card. How can do that? I asked the guy from who I bought the phone but he can't help me.  I know it sounds like I stole the phone or something else, but my phone is unlocked from iCloud (I can prove the eBay purchase) and I am using it now from February till today, but I need it to be unlocked because I need to use another carrier (A1). Thank you. Hope we can solve this problem.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@GalinTodorov 

giffgaff sim locks to o2 network so get a free o2 PAYG sim and follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Honestly Guv
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Hey I believe you, it's just new to me. Every day a school day as they say wink

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Congratulations on your new iPhone 6s, @GalinTodorov, and welcome to the forum! slight_smile How are you getting on with getting it unlocked? Have you been able to give the above suggestion a try yet?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7