cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to iPhone 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

just looking for a sounding board.  I am out of contract with o2 since last year.  I have the iPhone 6s on a tarriff of 45 pounds that includes 5gb of data and unlimited minutes and messages. 

I was was thinking about doing an upgrade to the 7 on a deal with the same Data etc and checked both o2 and car phone warehouse.  Cpwh seem to be offering a deal that includes waiving the 1.99 data cost when travelling in Europe which is something I do weekly and they appear to have cheaper tariffs than o2.  

Has as any one else noticed this and why can they do a better deal on the same network than the actual net work provider.  For example o2 tarriff with 5gb data is £170 upfront for a 256gb Iphone 7 with £55 per month and then I pay the 1.99 every day I use data abroad.  Cpwh has £149 upfront for the same phone and £50 per month and with no eu data charges. 

Am I missing something?

thanks

josh

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi josh

EU roaming is included in the 5GB and up tarriffs for the iPhone 7 when bought on refresh with O2.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Good to know. So cpwh are just cheaper on the tariff then. Despite the opportunity that after selling my 6s the numbers work I am holding back as I appear to have a fully working phone and the 7s features haven't really grabbed my imagination.

Thanks again

Josh
Message 3 of 4

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
CPW are cheaper on a number of tariffs however you should consider that with O2 directly you are on refresh so after 24 months (or when you pay off your handset) you will see a reduction in your billing amount as it becomes airtime only, with CPW they will just continue to charge you the set amount until you upgrade / leave. So its all down to preference really
Message 4 of 4