cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade payment keeps failing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Trying to upgrade to the iPhone 6.  When I put in my card details and tried to pay for the upgrade it failed, saying,  "There was a problem taking this payment" or words to that affect.  After trying a few times I contracted my bank who said they hadn't received any requests for payment so the issue was at O2's end.  I tried with another card from a different financial provider and got the same result.  At this point I contacted customer services on Livechat and was send a link (with a discount on the original deal) but received the same problem when trying to pay.  They gave me a number for O2 payments who told me that there were no known faults and asked me to try again in 24 hours.  I have just waited over 24 hours and tried to pay again twice (with two different cards from two different financial providers) and it has failed again.  The link with the discount deal expires in 48 hours.  I'm busy at work all night so can't call them up again.  Can anyone suggest anything or know what the problem might be?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can you try from a different PC or try a different browser?
At the very least clear cache in the current browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried on my home laptop, my work computer and my mobile phone.  Its the same result.  Very frustrating

Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Its not a Maestro card is it. They don't accept those for payment now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Must be a fault - your only hope is to get cs to process it over the phone for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope  I tried with my Visa Debit and Visa Credit...really annoying as I was hoping to get it delivered tommorow with me having the day off and I won't get the time to phone tonight before their lines close.  I guess I'll have to try them tommorow 

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope  I tried with my Visa Debit and Visa Credit...really annoying as I was hoping to get it delivered tommorow with me having the day off and I won't get the time to phone tonight before their lines close.  I guess I'll have to try them tommorow 

Yes....best way is to ring them.....no reason why it wont take either of those cards if you have funds available......unless it's the dreaded website 'glitch' again...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's your day off, do you not have a local O2 store? You could walk out with the phone if you take a trip down there, stock permitting.

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah although on the order page it says its a two day wait for the phone I want if I wanna pick up in store, whereas delivery can be the next day. 

Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah although on the order page it says its a two day wait for the phone I want if I wanna pick up in store, whereas delivery can be the next day. 

To be honest you have a better chance in store despite what it says on the website. We have had so many complaints here about people paying online..... to then receive an email to say phone is out of stock...

Too late then ....they have already paid and end up with a very long wait...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21