Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from SE to XR

MickB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading from the iPhone SE to the iPhone XR. Can I just transfer the SE sim to the XR and retain my number, apps email settings etc.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @MickB 

Yes you can use your old sim as they are the same size. That will keep your number.

You will need to set everything else up though email etc as it will be a new phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @MickB 

Yes you can use your old sim as they are the same size. That will keep your number.

You will need to set everything else up though email etc as it will be a new phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MickB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@MickB 

To retain apps, emails, messages and photos etc you will need to backup your old phone to itunes.

When you get the new phone, during setup, choose the option to restore from backup and everything from your old phone will transfer automatically. If you do this on a PC, you can encrypt the backup and it will also save your passwords for you.

Both phones need to be running the same software version, so make sure your old phone is up to date. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204184

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4