Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old 5se

Annoyed666
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rang customer service Monday 29 April was told would receive email within 72 hrs

rang Thursday 2 may as still no email

went on live chat 3 may as still no email

i am an 02 customer all I would like is an old phone unlocking- how long does this really take ?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annoyed666 follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... and if still struggling I'll ask @EmilieT to help next week.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annoyed666 follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... and if still struggling I'll ask @EmilieT to help next week.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn’t rely on live chat to do it
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@EmilieT will sort it with a guru for you on Monday. Nothing can be done at the weekend. As Monday is a Bank Holiday she may possibly have the day off but don't worry, she will pick up the mentions as soon as she is in the office. 

Message 4 of 15

Annoyed666
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice have been on to customer service yet again today and still no help asked why they are quoting 72 hrs to unlock and then just seem to ignore you. Cannot understand why it is such a complicated process today they even said I should maybe contact apple 🤔 who are obviously going to tell me to contact 02 to unlock the phone. I did ask today if someone could contact me and explain why this is taking so long but apparently that’s not possible.  Really need this phone to be unlocked before Monday as it needs to be used abroad with a Cypriot SIM card guess I will just have to get a cheap unlocked phone thanks to the gross incompetence of 02

Message 5 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is the phone showing on your account @Annoyed666 as it will only be the "current" phone that o2 will unlock.
Pop your sim in it and use it for a couple of hours so that it shows.
Then request the unlock.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 15

Annoyed666
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes absolutely hopeless even though I was told in the 02 store that they were the only people who could help and would unlock it for me via live chat - think they just wanted me out the shop 🙀
Message 7 of 15

Annoyed666
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not showing on my account as the phone is the one I was using before I upgraded 02 are aware which one needs unlocking as have given them Imei number numerous times
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@EmilieT is the only one who can force this through but I doubt it will be done before Monday.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Annoyed666
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for trying 😎

Message 10 of 15