cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone, Iphone 4 problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I rang o2 two weeks ago and asked them to unlock my Iphone 4 as I was moving to Australia, and they told me that they would. The lady on the phone told me it could be up to a week before it'd be unlocked however.

Now I'm in Australia I've been unable to use my new simcard as my phone is still locked. Before I get in touch with o2, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there's anything I need to do to complete the process? I was told it would happen automatically.

Not sure if it will make any difference, but I've currently got my new sim card in my phone and I've reset the network settings, just to see if that worked. Just curious as to whether I may have disrupted the unlocking process by doing this or something. Sounds like I'll have to get in touch with o2 again and get them to unlock it, but then I'm without a phone for another week :{.

Cheers for any help,
Mark

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

It sounds as if the initial unlock process failed which must be so annoying for you.

As you have already requested it to be unlocked it should be on your records, so you will need to contact O2 again and explain the situation

From abroad +44 3448090202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah thanks so much for the reply, appreciated. I'll get in touch with them as soon as I can! Cheers.
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah thanks so much for the reply, appreciated. I'll get in touch with them as soon as I can! Cheers.

Good luck Mark...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You could try hooking the phone up to itunes to see if u get the unlock message but it does sound like you need to either contact O2 or fill in the unlock form in my signature links just below.

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
The iPhone 4 requires a connection to iTunes to complete the unlock process.
If Apple have actioned the request, iTunes will complete it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The iPhone 4 requires a connection to iTunes to complete the unlock process.
If Apple have actioned the request, iTunes will complete it.

As  I thought....

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

also check your emails, as although u r suppose to get a sms to tell you it has been done, it can sometimes generate an email.

Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

also check your emails, as although u r suppose to get a sms to tell you it has been done, it can sometimes generate an email.

Esp as the op doesn't have the O2 sim in the phone so no chance of seeing an sms wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions