cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking mu iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked for my old iPhone to be unlocked, so I can sell on. It says I need to put a non 02 sim in it to complete the process. Obviously I don't want to use it on another network.  Should I just reset it now and sell on as unlocked? It doesn't say what to do if you aren't keeping it yourself.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Yeah that should be grand. Should someone ever put a non-O2 sim in it in the future, it'll complete the unlocking process then

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Yeah that should be grand. Should someone ever put a non-O2 sim in it in the future, it'll complete the unlocking process then
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really need to try it with another network sim to complete the unlocking. Don't worryit won't lock again to another network. If I was selling it I woulod want to ensure that it was unlocked so there would be no chance of any comeback.

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the others have said put a non o2 sim in to see if the unlock has worked. You can pick up any sim from a supermarket or a particular networks store
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks... You say no... The other two replies say yes ..., eeks! Still confused!

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks... You say no... The other two replies say yes ..., eeks! Still confused!

I haven't said no. I've reiterated what the others have Said & suggested a few places that you can pick up a sim

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just asked for this process for my spare phone, to sell on. Why does it take O2 28days to do??? It surely is a within the hour type of service.

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have just asked for this process for my spare phone, to sell on. Why does it take O2 28days to do??? It surely is a within the hour type of service.

what phone do you have? @Anonymous

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It doesn't take 28days it should take no more than 72 hrs.. Have a look at this O2 guide on unlocking http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-netwo...

You need to get on to Customer Services again if not unlocked within that time. Bear in mind it is BHoliday...though as this is an automated service it shouldn't matter  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iphone 6plus 16gb in rose gold

Message 10 of 17