cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iphone from O2 to use on another network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to leave o2 for over 2 weeks. I am now in my 3rd "72 hours" wait. I have been sent a link on how to get my iphone unlocked, but it is just taking me round in cricles. Does anyone know exactly HOW to unlock an iphone from O2, please?

I have my new sim card but cannot use it on the iphone, and all I am getting from O2 is a link that says "go to this link" and on and on it goes.

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous All the information you need is in this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you actually spoken to O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Also, is the phone still showing as in use in your MyO2 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Are you on contract or PAYG @Anonymous ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

download the myo2 app on their will be a link to umnlocking your device, click that and within 72 hours you will recive a code either via email or text for you to use.. follow the instructions and you will then be able to unlock your device free of charge via iTunes. 🙂 good luck 

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having this same issue been trying to get my phone unlocked for the past 2 weeks. I rang o2 and they said that I keep sending requests which pushes me to the back of the queue however I am not sending any requests this is an issue on their part. I am getting really frustrated as all the people I speak to on the phone are telling me a different story.

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I rang o2 and they said that I keep sending requests which pushes me to the back of the queue

I've never heard that rubbish before!

Sounds like they're making it up as they go.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I rang o2 and they said that I keep sending requests which pushes me to the back of the queue

I've never heard that rubbish before!

Sounds like they're making it up as they go.....

Remember you heard it here first!! Scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses now...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your comments

Bizarre situation. Let me know how you get on

I am not amused by this display of incomptence.

Message 10 of 14