cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone7

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI! What is the way to unlock my iPhone7 to use it with sim card outside the UK? I bought it sim free and have used Pay as you go card of yours and now it is locked to another providers? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Unless you bought it directly from Apple it will lock to the first network used to activate the phone.
You need to make sure you have £15 credit on your sim then follow the process in my guide linked to above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answers! What happened when I filled the form for unlocking in the O2 website is that they answered me I don't pass their security checks with the information I gave which is my name, my number and the number of my device? It seems impossible to use my phone again! Please, any suggestions and ideas from you people...?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It also needs the answer to the security question on your account.
If you have any problems, give customer services a call to talk through your request http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5