cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 4GS while abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I'm going to be in the USA for work for what looks like 3 months. I would like to unlock my UK iPhone so I can get an American Pay-Go sim. I went online and filled out the unlocking form, but I don't have my iPhone on all the time so I won't actually receive the text message notification I'm told I should check. I figured I would just periodically go off Airplane mode and see if a text comes through.

I then got an email from O2:

Kana Case ID: 405328363 (KMM758941598I15977L0KM)

Thank you for your iPhone unlatching request.

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your iPhone at this time.
The reason given is: Sorry, you have not passed our security checks with
the information that you provided. Kindly check that you have provided
the correct information.
Thank you

There isn't any link to how I can fix this, so I can't tell what security check I didn't pass.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The only security checks are your Tariff details and amount/date of last bill, so it must be one of those you got wrong. Try form again with correct info. You don't need to have the text to unlock the phone, just connect to iTunes with an american SIM in phone and if processed, iTunes will unlock the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The only security checks are your Tariff details and amount/date of last bill, so it must be one of those you got wrong. Try form again with correct info. You don't need to have the text to unlock the phone, just connect to iTunes with an american SIM in phone and if processed, iTunes will unlock the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2