cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking i phone 4 please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I called O2 mid July to sort out unlocking my I phone as i live in the Middle East and want to use it here with a local sim etc.. I was told that I would recieve a code from Apple but nothing? Then I filled out the form online here about 2months ago now and nothing??? I cant call O2 as the international number the give on the website doesnt work.. Can anyone please helo me as I am so bored carrying around two phones ;-(((( If and when I get the code from Apple is it sent to my email? Forgive my cluelessness ;-))))

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You should get an email to say that the unlock has been actioned, but you need to connect phone to iTunes with a non O2 SIM in it to complete the process. Have you tried this as it may have been done but you missed the email or it got directed to your spam ?

Did you request the unlock with a phone number that has been used in your phone on the O2 UK network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You should get an email to say that the unlock has been actioned, but you need to connect phone to iTunes with a non O2 SIM in it to complete the process. Have you tried this as it may have been done but you missed the email or it got directed to your spam ?

Did you request the unlock with a phone number that has been used in your phone on the O2 UK network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for getting back.Its for my O2 UK phone yes, I am tied into the contract until next June so want to just use my I phone as a pay as you go whilst here. I will do what you said though, seems to make sense. 

Message 3 of 3