cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 128 that I bought used from a store. I'm attempting to have my phone unlocked. I did the unlock request online through the O2 web site. Now it says it can take between 24 hours and 7 DAYS before someone contacts me to complete the process. I called support, and they told me, that was the procedure and they couldn't help me further. The O2 process to unlock a phone is rediculous. It is not under any contract so it should be unlocked immediately. I had to buy a 20 pound card and activate the phone and I have to keep at least 15 pounds on the card for the unlock fee, so untill O2 gets of it's ass, I basically have an unuseable phone. I completed two calls less than 1 minute each, and my card is already down to 18.80. The phone has not been off WiFi, so it should not be burning any data from the card. It looks to me like this is just a way for O2 to make extra money off of customers that don't want to be their customer. Now that I see how they treat customers, I can gaurantee that I will never have an O2 account beyond the 20 pound card I purchased to unlock the phone.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

O2 don't physically unlock the iphones, they submit the request to Apple. You should get an email well before the 7 days.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149347 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Just be patient.
It's usually quite quick but the request has to go to apple to be actioned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

O2 don't physically unlock the iphones, they submit the request to Apple. You should get an email well before the 7 days.

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How did it go with the unlocking in the end? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4