cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an iphone from previous 02 contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have recently taken out a new contract (iphone 6s plus) have had a previous contract with 02 for an iphone 5s. I would now like to use the 5s as a work phone on the vodaphone network and need some advice regarding the process for unlocking the phone.

I have checked the 'unlock phone' area within 'My 02' online and have submitted a reauest (got a note that it would be 10days), however I'm now wondering if that request would be for my current 'active' contract and not for the 5s.

Please advise how I should approach unlocking the 5s.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Process and links to forms here mate http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Direct link to form here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as you used the IMEI of the 5s it will unlock that phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the 'unlock your device' drop down area under device details, so I'm assuming I've opted to unlock my current phone and not the old one, will this cause any issues.

Can you link me to where I can submit a request for the old phone / fund the IMEI number for it - The links provided in previous threads seem to be down for me.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Process and links to forms here mate http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Direct link to form here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
ps. It won't matter if it is a request for your current phone.
I'm not sure they are unlocking the 6s yet so it will just be rejected, but even if it goes through it will make no difference to anything.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forms submitted.

Thank you very much for your time.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No problem slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7