Did you mean: 

Unlock

Gavhall316
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I hope you can help. I have an old phone that I bought with o2. I would like to give this to my grandad to be able to FaceTime in this difficult time however it is locked to o2 which I no longer have a sim for. How could I go about getting it unlocked?

Thank you for your help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Kurt
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi Gav,

you'll need to get in touch with customer services, your best bet is to Skype them see the link below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

kurt
signature
Message 2 of 6

O2Lauren
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Gavhall316 

Please see the guide here.

If you do not have a O2 account anymore, you will need to purchase an O2 pay as you go sim and complete the unlocking that way.

Just a quick FYI, your Grandad can use the iPhone for Facetime without a sim if he has wifi. I don't know if this will help?

Thanks,

signature
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Gavhall316 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Gavhall316
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Lauren, no I no longer have an o2 account. Unfortunately my grandad does not have Wi-fi on his sky SIM card. If another relative has an o2 account could they do it?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, any O2 sim will do it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6