Did you mean: 

Unlock

Larry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I want to unlock my hand set but O2 said they can’t do it because is not their hand set but I receive the hand set from O2, I don’t understand that
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Larry how to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but have you tried a different SIM card already as it may not be locked?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Larry how to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but have you tried a different SIM card already as it may not be locked?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Larry 

How long ago did you buy the phone? It may well be unlocked if it was a recent purchase?

Best of luck anyway and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Also depending on where you got it from - for instance Carphone Warehouse - it may be unlocked.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try a sim card from the other networks and let us know the message you get. 

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Larry, I was wondering how you were getting on with your handset since you last posted?

There's a lot of advice above, so it'd be great if you could have a look and let us know if you need some more help at all slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6